Lucky Girl

I live in paradise.

I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life. And no, I haven't found love down here (insert eye roll).. Unless you consider my love for this place and the friends I have found in it. Because, that I have found.

I don't know what I did right in my life, but somehow I ended up in one of the most beautiful and friendly communities in Central America. I feel so unbelievably blessed I cannot even put it into words. 

There are many ups and downs to this place though. Yes, the natural beauty and vibes are intoxicating. But life here is not for the faint at heart. Spending a short time here may not seem like enough, but an extended period can be too much for some people. It is very easy to just get lost in the everyday parties and celebrations and completely forget about work and sleeping. This I have learned from experience. 

Managing time and sleep is extremely important. The people who call this place home have it down to an art. Since this is such a touristy town people are always coming and going. Thus it is always someone's first or last day in town, birthday or anniversary. To say the least, there is never a lack of reason to celebrate (aka go out and paint the town red). 

And yet through everything, I still love this place to pieces. I like the way I feel here. I like who I've become. I love how open and welcoming people are and how I feel comfortable just being myself. No one will judge me if I spend the night dancing like crazy on the dance floor. Yes, they may think I'm extremely inebriated, but more often than not they couldn't be farther from the truth. We all have different stories and we are well rehearsed in telling them.

This year, I want to meet someone new every day. I want to enjoy every minute I have here, but still get my research done and done well. Who knows, maybe at the end of this I will end up with a job or have opened a new business.

Wish me luck!
-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

* PLASTIC FREE JULY *

5 Things That Happen When You Transition to Zero-Waste

Jaco!