Vacation Time

I know this is about a month too late, and I'm sorry. But I've been busy, okay? I'll get back on track, I promise.

During my short 2 week vacation in August I got to travel around a bit and spend some time with my family. And let me tell you, this vacation was much needed. For the last three months, while it was a blast, we were very busy with classes and projects. Yes, we did often travel on the weekends, but, let's be real, that doesn't really allow for much actual rest. So this vacation couldn't have come at a better time.

We started the vacation in Puerto Viejo (our new favorite spot on the Caribbean Coast) and spent a few days there hanging out and relaxing. PV is the perfect little Caribbean town with gorgeous beaches and great people. If you are looking for a fun place to travel this is definitely a good option. Over the last few months we have met and made friends with local restaurant, bar, and hostel owners making it much more fun (and affordable) to visit. I will say it again, the people we have met while traveling down here have been absolutely incredible. But more on that later...

From there it was about a 4 hour bus ride to Bocas del Toro, Panama. I only got to spend one whole day there, but still.. Bocas is absolutely incredible. It is a collection of islands off the coast of Panama and has spectacular snorkeling, beaches, wildlife, and more. A must see if you ever get the chance. We stayed on Bastimentos Island, which I would highly recommend as a much more relaxed location. Our lodging was at Hostal Bastimentos (yet another recommendation for ya). This hostel is huge, well-priced, and a great place to just hang out and enjoy the view.

Once my family arrived, we went up to Guacimal, near Monteverde and stayed at the most perfect ranch house, Rancho El Rio. This quaint little ranch is a wonderful mountain getaway. And the added bonus... it is sustainable! The family who runs this ranch is beyond helpful and will go out of their way to ensure that you have a wonderful time. They helped arrange our trip to Monteverde, took us on a trail ride to a beautiful waterfall, and their son even took us on a hike to the river nearby for a swim. Oh and did I mention he is 12? AND he knows every bird, tree, plant, and bug you see along the way. Talk about adorable. We had the best time there just relaxing and spending time with the family.

After that, we spent a few days relaxing at the beach in Jaco. But you have already heard about that location, so I won't bore you with the details.

I had an absolute blast showing my family around my new home. I was excited to share with them the passion I have developed and the reason why I love this place so very much. It's not just because it is paradise with its' beautiful landscapes and gorgeous beaches. It's the people, the energy, the passion that this place has for sustainability and life in general that I have come to love and appreciate. I never want to leave. I could be perfectly happy living and working here for the rest of my life.

Again, sorry this one took so long. I have a couple more I've been working on for a bit so keep on checking in with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

* PLASTIC FREE JULY *

5 Things That Happen When You Transition to Zero-Waste

Jaco!