Passion

If I have learned anything through the course of my time in Costa Rica it is that everybody has their own story. We all have a history and sometimes it takes time for us to realize who we really are and what our story is. But the greatest part is that people down here understand. No one cares if you messed up in the past, they're just glad you're here now. It's an interesting dynamic, but it can be challenging at the same time. 

Costa Rica is a tourist destination. Therefore it is full of people coming and going. You meet people one day and they are gone the next. A friend of mine said he has to be careful what he shares with people. He has to guard his heart in a way because it seems that just when you get to know someone, they are leaving again. Fortunately this doesn't stop us from enjoying the time we have at that moment. Yes, it is hard meeting people and then leaving and never seeing them again, but you learn to find joy in the time spent with them and in knowing that you have new friends around the world. New optimistic perspectives.

Things have changed for me since coming down here. I have changed. Living such a simple life has taught me how to channel my positive energy and feel more comfortable with who I am. My emotions are beautiful, and life really is simple. I used to over think everything and complicate things that were supposed to be simple. But where's the fun in that? I have learned to truly appreciate every morsel of a moment that I have and seize the opportunities that are put before me. I have found a new passion for happiness and a simple life. I feel like a brand new person. I really don't want to leave. I have learned that I could be just as happy living and working down here as I would be in the states, maybe even more so. Yes, I would miss my family and friends like crazy, but I can always visit and they know they are more than welcome down here.

Finding your passion in life is important. We all need to find that one thing that makes us tick. That brings us pure joy. Without passion, in my opinion, life is just plain. 

This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, STOP; they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing everything! All emotions are beautiful. Life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things and people, we are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once, so seize them. 

Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them. So go out and start creating. Life is short. LIVE YOUR DREAM AND SHARE YOUR PASSION.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

* PLASTIC FREE JULY *

5 Things That Happen When You Transition to Zero-Waste

Jaco!