Life is full of lessons

I've been living in Costa Rica for 9 weeks. Talk about a life-changing experience. I feel like I'm always saying this, but it really is impossible for me to put into words all the beautiful things I am seeing and emotions I am feeling. This isn't even the halfway point, so I know that there is much more still to be learned. All the same, I felt compelled to write this blog on the small things I have learned thus far in my adventures. Some are silly, some practical, and some serious. But they are all certainly worth the read...
  1. I could live minimally and still lead an exceptionally happy life. 
  2. Good coffee really does make a difference.
  3. Fresh fruits and vegetables really are better.
  4. Don't just go willy nilly picking things up!
  5. Lizano sauce is absolutely delicious.. on everything. (Yes, Candace, you were right.)
  6. Wearing no makeup will decrease your perceived "need" for makeup. It's all relative. 
  7. Dry shampoo would be very nice to have as hot showers are not always available.
  8. T-shirts work just fine as pillowcases (don't judge me). 
  9. There is no need to spend tons of money on a coffee machine when you can use a percolator for around $8 (or more if you want a fancy decorative one, but still..)
  10. Men instantly become more attractive when they know how to dance with you.. at least for me they do ;).
  11. Costa Rica really isn't that much cheaper than the United States. Sources say it is actually the 4th most expensive country in Latin America to live in.
  12. Spanish (or any second language for that matter) is VERY difficult to learn. I seriously respect those people who are bilingual.
  13. You learn who your true friends are when you leave them to travel abroad. Love you guys!
  14. Driving isn't necessary with the proper personal motivation and public transportation.
  15. There is so much to be learned about the world and all the people that make it up. I will never stop learning. 
  16. Life is not worth all the worry.
  17. Money is just paper that we allow to run our lives. 
  18. Fear is just something we allow in our brains that keeps us from fully experiencing life.
  19. Shyness, in the same manner, is just a way that we let another person's perception of us change the way we act. So just dance. Don't worry, they're just jealous. 
  20. We may all come from different cities in different parts of the world, but in the end, we have much more in common than we thought.
Things are changing. I am changing. I could not have asked for a better experience. And this is still just the beginning. Perhaps later I will brief you in more detail :)

But, as for now, I must call it a night and get some real work done.
As always, thanks for reading.
Loyally,
-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

* PLASTIC FREE JULY *

5 Things That Happen When You Transition to Zero-Waste

Jaco!